Saturday, January 28, 2023

Low Carb Sausage Gravy



 Creating healthy versions of meals I’ve made for years for my picky husband has been challenging. This mistake turned out to be a happy mistake. I’ve attempted mashed cauliflower several times. Only once did it actually turn out well. 

In frustration I shoved my most recent failed attempt in the fridge because I hated to throw it out even though it was the consistency of baby food. 

I had the idea to use it as gravy and my husband and I both loved it!

Brown ½ lb of sausage. 

Steam a 16 oz bag of frozen cauliflower until soft and blend until smooth with ¼ cup heavy cream. Add creamed cauliflower to the browned sausage. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add water to bring it to desired consistency. 

Serve over low carb bread. I used the THM WWBB. 


No comments:

Post a Comment