Wednesday, October 04, 2017

Hearty Sausage Bean Soup Low Carb Instant Pot

If you follow my blog, you know I love to crochet and that I love to cook in cast iron.  I have a new love...my Instant Pot!

My husband and I are following a healthier, lower carb lifestyle. I’m always experimenting with low carb meals and love this enough to share.

I’m going to include Instant Pot directions as well as stove top directions.

Hearty Sausage Bean Soup

This is a hearty, low carb soup that is versatile by changing the sausage flavor and combination of beans. It’s super quick and requires minimal prep.

1 lb. Jimmy Dean Sausage (I prefer Hot)
½ cup chopped onion
½ cup chopped bell pepper
2 cups chopped cabbage
1 can Rotel 
½ tsp. granulated garlic
Salt & pepper to taste
32 oz. chicken stock (maybe more)
1 can pinto beans
1 can black beans or kidney beans

Instant Pot Instructions
Add all ingredients to your pot except the beans. Pressure cook for 25 minutes. The second time I made this my sausage wasn’t thawed so I added 5 minutes. Once pressure is released crumble the sausage and stir. Add the beans and cook on Sauté for 10 minutes, then set to Warm until you’re ready to indulge.

Stove Top Instructions
Brown the sausage with the onion and bell pepper. Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer until cabbage is tender, about 30 minutes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment